I love all the contrasting elements at work here--bold patterns with soft, soothing wall and accent colors, sturdy slipcovers and lightweight curtains, bold metallic lamps and a natural rug, a wall map with a bright palm frond thrown in for good measure. So quintessentially lowcountry, no?
I've traveled to and through South Carolina a few times for a variety of occasions (college tours, passing through Charleston en route to a family reunion, a weekend at the Carolina Cup and a hot air balloon festival to name a few). I see myself living there someday in a house like this one, with a wraparound porch, rocking chairs, sweet tea, a short stroll from the beach, you know the drill. In a space that would be as comfortable for an indoor-outdoor dinner party as it would for a puzzle and pizza after a long day at the beach--this one fits the bill, don't ya think?
And how fun is this bedroom? I love that this decor can easily be replicated on a budget. Neutral bedding, fun curtains, a summer-y poster, colorful pillows and a headboard upholstered with a Mexican blanket? Pretty sure I could make this happen on a good day at Homegoods. Simple, classic, but still fun and youthful.
With each visit, I can't help but love the Palmetto State more and more. Maybe it was the barista at a Starbucks in Andersen who, at 6 a.m., mind you, insisted we return for a second round of lattes after our hot air balloon ride because she wanted to see pictures (of COURSE we went back). Or maybe it's that it doesn't feel a bit strange to find yourself chatting BBQ with a perfect stranger at a moonshine distillery. It's so much different from Florida in that respect!
I think this cozy little home just oozes the casual yet refined Southern hospitality that makes South Carolina one of my favorite places to be.
Cheers,
Erin



No comments:
Post a Comment